Innograaf specialises in answering technical questions about EPS, EPP, PLA, PBAT, CE and other biobased polymers that are not easy to answer and supports implementation.
- Helping companies making the change from single use EPS to other types of material
- Helping companies change production from fossil-based polymers to biobased polymers,
- Assist in realising carbon neutrality certification PAS2060 for products
- Assist in EAD/ETA certification for new materials not yet available on the EU market
- Mapping the EU recycling legislative landscape for special foamed polymers.
- Propose a simple test for determining pentane and water content in EPS
- Advice on best practice for pentane and VOC abatement for polymer production factories
- Biobased materials that do not qualify as a microplastic under the new ECHA legislation
Some recent projects:
· May 2019-Nov 2019 Helping a producer that make machines for disposables to identify new markets and new materials ,that are not affected by the SUP directives
· Oct 2019-March 2020 advise on microplastics issues for a new glue backing and filament systems for a Nordic artificial turf system producer
· 2021 Advising an Far eastern blue chip company to position traditional products and work on recycling options for this, meeting current legislation , give advise on blowing agent emission legislation during manufacturing
· Dec 2019- Jan 2023 ; EU consultant for Eastman Chemicals , a US based blue chip company on positioning a novel biobased / recycle content polymer in the EU market
·Oct 2020 Project with Dutch NOM investment agency on reopening a 20 year old PLA plant.
·June 2022-Oct 2022; Contributed as one of the consultants used by Kirkbi during the technical due diligence phase, to assist in the assessment of the solvent based recycling technology for PE polymer. KIRKBI A/S, is the family-owned holding and investment company of the LEGO® brand. kirkbi.com/media/dgcof0zv/20230208_press-release_apk.pdf Under the agreement, LyondellBasell and KIRKBI will become minority shareholders in APK and together with other co-investors will invest approximately 130 million Euros in APK.
- Oct 2020 – ongoing ; advice on setting up the recycling polyester/cotton of garments using innovative dissolution technology.
- 2022-2023 Participation in the EFRO project Building on Nature
Unlocking building blocks from nature to replace fossil raw materials in plastics, foams, fibers and packaging
- 2023 Mapping legislation and assist in identifying market opportunities for internationally operating companies in relation to using biobased feed stock and application of polymers
- March 2020- ongoing. EU representative for incombustible EPS www.Polyphen.com